Elexity is disrupting the building controls industry.
We offer intelligent energy control software to commercial buildings that predicts and autonomously controls when major electrical loads, including HVAC, EV chargers and batteries, use energy. Elexity delivers up to 40% reduction of on-bill demand charges for customers, offers an affordable energy controls platform to underserved small to medium sized commercial buildings, and enables those buildings to participate in revenue generating grid services.
Elexity is an early stage venture funded company ready for explosive growth. We are headquartered in Bend, Oregon but have team members working remotely across the country.
Why work for us?
- You want to make a significant contribution to the renewable energy transition
- You want to work on software that controls and monitors real, built environments
- You want an opportunity to work from embedded hardware on site to advanced modeling and decision-making in the cloud
- You want to work on a small, highly impactful team
- You love the idea of building modern solutions that disrupt the antiquated technology of an old industry
- You want upside
What will you do?
- You will work with key stakeholders throughout the organization to develop models and identify opportunities for leveraging customer data to drive insights and energy savings opportunities.
- You will work with other engineers to develop methods to properly identify models and model parameters of building systems.
- You will mine and analyze data from customers to drive optimization and improvement of building operation.
- You will Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- You will use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer building insights and algorithm performance.
- You will coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- You will Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Master’s or PHD in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- Several years of experience manipulating data sets and building models from scratch.
- Experience with time series analysis and prediction
- Excellent Python skills (experience with OOP a plus)
- Experience using Python to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical and data mining techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Strong communication skills and commitment to teamwork
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for key stakeholders.
- (A plus) Experience with Buildings and/or HVAC data
- (A plus) Experience with predictive controls
- (A plus) Experience with parameter identification for time series models
- (A plus) Experience with Reinforcement Learning
Location, Compensation and Benefits
- Remote location. Optional on-site in Bend, Oregon
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k and competitive PTO.
- Stock compensation
Elexity provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.